Do you have cataracts? One crucial aspect before having cataract surgery is choosing an intraocular lens. You and your eye doctor at Juliette Eye Institute make this decision together.
Before cataract surgery, you’ll decide on the best IOL based on your visual goals, lifestyle, and other needs. Juliette Eye Institute is proud to announce that we now offer the Clareon PanOptix® trifocal lens to cataract patients.
What is Clareon?
Clareon is Alcon’s most advanced BioMaterial to date. It is a hydrophobic acrylic material that provides patients with the sharpest and most pristine vision possible.
Thanks to its proprietary ENLIGHTEN Optical Technology, Clareon optimizes the ability to see at intermediate distances without taking away from the patient’s ability to see exceptionally well up close and at a distance.
ENLIGHTEN works by creating an additional focal point at 120 centimeters. With this additional focal point, the surface profile of the lens and light energy are redistributed to distance.
As a result, patients can see near, intermediate, and at distance. No matter what they need to see, with the Clareon PanOptix® trifocal IOL, they’ll be able to see it with crisp, clear vision.
ENLIGHTEN also helps to reduce the incidence rate of posterior capsule opacification (PCO) and reduces glare and glistening.
What is the PanOptix® Trifocal Lens?
ThePanOptix® is the only FDA-approved trifocal lens. With a trifocal lens, patients can see well at all distances, including up close, far away, and everything in between.
The PanOptix® is a premium lens that enhances both quality and your range of vision. For patients, your vision will be sharp and vivid at any distance you need to see.
Benefits of the Clareon PanOptix® trifocal lens include:
- The possibility of achieving 20/20 vision up close, intermediate, and far away
- Sharper vision, so you’re less likely to need glasses
- Experience high-definition vision with more vibrant, brighter, and vivid colors than ever before
- You’ll no longer need to strain to focus, instead seeing things around you without blurry zones
- Being less bothered by glare and glistening when you’re around bright lights
Besides being a premium IOL, the Clareon PanOptix® trifocal lens is also available in a toric model. If you have astigmatism, you can also experience the benefits of the Clareon PanOptix® trifocal IOL.
Who is a Good Candidate for the Clareon PanOptix®Trifocal Lens?
Not everyone will qualify as a good candidate for this revolutionary new lens. You may be a good fit for this premium lens if:
- You’re looking to reduce your dependence on glasses and contacts after cataract surgery
- You spend a lot of time in front of a computer or completing tasks at an arm’s length away
- You lead a vigorous physically active lifestyle and want to improve your vision
- You have astigmatism and want to correct your vision during cataract surgery
- You want to correct presbyopia during cataract surgery and reduce your dependence on reading glasses
The only way to know if the Clareon PanOptix®trifocal lens is right for you is to schedule a cataract consultation at Juliette Eye Institute in Albuquerque, NM, today!